Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Self-Love Masterclass #20

​Affirmations- 

Have you tried using affirmations? Did it feel weird? 

I began using positive affirmations 28 years ago. I started slow, using affirmations that felt acceptable to me. 

  • I am a child of God
  • I deserve good things 
  • You’re fired. God’s in charge
  • I am a good person 

I wrote them on post-it’s and taped them in various locations around my house: 

1. Bathroom mirror

2. Fridge door

3. My front door

4. My bedroom door 


I posted them were I saw them everyday - several times a day. 

Initially, it felt odd to say such positive things to myself. I had so much self-loathing that positive affirmations seemed like a lie. But I pushed through past the inner critic and followed through. 

I also thumbtacked a poster board above my bed. I wrote in large lettering, “I AM WORTHY”. When I went to sleep, it was the last thing I saw. When I woke, it was the first thing I saw. I colored it brightly so it stood out to me. 

Today, I still have various affirmations around my house. On my makeup mirror, “I can do hard things”. On my bathroom mirror, I have the Serenity Prayer posted. On my fridge door, I have various recovery slogans and quotes on magnets. On my laptop, I have a sticker, “I am worthy of wealth”. 

Many of my affirmations today are about money blocks and untrue beliefs about business and money. 

I have an app on my phone called Insight Timer. At night, I listen to guided meditations or affirmations while I sleep. Did you know that when listening to affirmations or meditations while sleeping, your brain hears the messages? I wake up feeling good about myself. 

Affirmations are a vital part of my life and everyday living. I believe in the saying “positive in, negative out”. I avoid (as much as possible) negative people and negative environments. 

I am a negative person by nature. And I believe negativity is contagious. If I surround myself with negative people who complain, compare, gossip, and blame, I will soon join in. Negativity is something I can’t afford. It makes me miserable, anxious, and depressed. Life is too short for that!! 

Today, I surround myself with people who are uplifting, supportive, and believe in me. That translates into me doing the same. I am uplifting, supportive, encouraging, and I believe in myself and others. Being around other positive people helps my mood stay upbeat. 

Something else I do that helps me stay positive- a vision board! I have my vision board on my phone wallpaper and Lock Screen. It’s my computer wallpaper. I see it daily. 

What’s on my vision board you may ask? 

1. My dream vacation: a cruise. I love cruises! 

2. My dream job - to become a full time boudoir photographer 

3. My dream home - a log cabin in the woods! 

4. Diamond jewelry - because I deserve it. 

5. Money - because financial security is my number one goal. 

6. My dream car - a Camaro fully loaded 

7. A Prada purse - I do love the finer things in life. 

8. A photo of my family. Some days - they are who motivates me to do good things 

9. Positive quotes about life, wealth, and happiness. 

10. Affirmations!  

You can create a vision board for free on canva.com. Print it. Save it. Post it. A vision board is what you use to keep you focus on your dreams and goals. Personalize it. Make it yours.


What affirmations are your favorites? 

What does/will your vision look like? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Navigating Our Path: Embracing Self-Loyalty

Embracing Self-Loyalty Hey there! Life's journey is like a winding road, isn't it? We're constantly navigating twists and turns,...